Join the PTSA Email List
This year we would love to add some extras for students and staff if we can, but we can't do it without helping hands. To get in on our communications of what we're doing and planning, or how you can help, join our mailing list to step in when and where you may be able to.
To be added, please email GreenwoodLakesMiddlePTSA@gmail.com.
Why You Should Join PTSA
Here are seven reasons you shouldn’t let the school year go by without becoming a member.
- Get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in school than by joining PTSA. The local PTSA works closely with teachers and administrators, as well as school district staff. You’ll find out what you can do to help make a difference for your child and other children.
- Discover great resources. You’ll get tips for helping your child with homework, advice for preparing for a parent-teacher conference, and how-tos for working with teachers all year long. Learn how to talk with your child about difficult topics such as bullying and alcohol and other drugs, and also learn everyday practices to keep your whole family healthy. From early childhood education to life after high school, PTSA is there for you and your child every step of the way.
- Tap into a network. PTSA functions are opportunities to meet others, build rapport, and discuss issues that are on your mind. You don’t have to attend every PTSA meeting or event, but know you’re always invited. Get to know the parents of your child’s friends and classmates, and you’ll make friends, too.
- Watch yourself grow. By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children in the community. You can try new things and gain confidence, whether you’re coordinating a school foreign-language club, writing a news letter article, organizing a school fundraiser, or hosting a cast party for the school play.
- Speak up. Because PTSA is a forum for exchanging ideas, member ship can be a way for you to more effectively suggest changes at your child’s school and see to it that t hose changes happen. You’ll be given the tools to respond to current state and federal legislative issues that affect the welfare of children. And you’ll learn how to be an advocate and a voice for all children.
- Witness improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school, you ’ll be part of the solution. Local PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide school building and grounds improvements, educational programs, and social events—all vital to a school’s success. We’ve been a driving force in establishing school lunch programs, after-school programs, immunization programs, school bus safety, TV rating standards, and more.
- Be a role model. As a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. You’ll be teaching your child about giving back to the community, and you’ll feel good knowing that what you do through PTSA is helping not only your child but all children receive a better education. Whether you have children in school or not, PTSA membersh ip is open to anyone who believes in the mission and purposes of PTSA and the children we serve. To join PTSA or get further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida PTA is the largest state wide volunteer organization working exclusively on behalf of children and youth. Florida PTA is made up of approximately 1,400 local units with more than 300,000 Florida members seeking to unite home, school and community for all children.
Support GLMS PTSA
Any mother, father, teacher, principal, custodian, cafeteria worker, coach, counselor, grandparent, student, businessperson or citizen who believes that children are our future is a welcome part of our organization. Your annual membership helps fund programs and special events, purchase supplies for teachers and classrooms that aren’t in the budget and contribute to technology upgrades for the Greenwood Lakes Middle School students.
To become a member of the GLMS PTSA, please visit www.GreenwoodLakesPTSA.com
School Store Information
Community, successful learning and school spirit is a focal point for Greenwood Lakes Middle School. And what says school spirit more than a student store! The PTSA run student store reopened its doors at the beginning of the 2013/2014 school year. The store is located in the Media Center and is open before school and during lunch periods. Students are welcome and encouraged to visit the store when they are in need of daily supplies such as pencils, pens or paper. The prices are very reasonable and our inventory is growing.
Along with the various school supplies, the store also has school spirit T-shirts, water bottles and lanyards for sale. As our spirit soars, we will be offering additional items for the students to show their school spirit. Please see our order form below for styles, sizes and prices.
If you would like to make a donation or help out in the store, please contact email@example.com.
Soar With The GLMS Eagles NOW On Facebook!
Visit our PTSA Facebook page and stay up to date on the latest happenings. This is a great way to meet other GLMS parents and families!