Dear Greenwood Lakes Middle School Families,
Thank you Eagles for another great school year! There is a lot of exciting news to share with you about special awards and recognition given to various GLMS family members the second semester.
- Band Solo & Ensemble: 10 Superior Ratings (Emilly Atia, Gabriela Lopez, Abigail Murray,
Joshua Otero, Kaitlyn Coussa, Delaney Holton, Catalina Luft, Caleb Reedy, Avalyn Shaw); 3
Excellent Ratings (Adele Ciotti, Alexander Drabicki)
- 2019 Seminole All County Middle School Band: Emilly Atia
- Thespians: 6 Superior Ratings; 9 Excellent Ratings (District); 1 Superior Rating; 6
Excellent Ratings (State)
- International Thespian Society Junior Thespian Inductees: Cole Abrahams, Brad Akus, Marissa
Costa, Colin Dellarco, Riley McCaulley, Nandi Mofya, Joshua Otero
- Disney Dreamer & Doer: Devin Thomas
- SASA Middle School Phoenix Award: Nyliam Gazze
- Spelling Bee: Shoncea Rivera
- Juvenile of the Year: Xavier Bridenthal
- 4-H Tropicana Public Speaking Contest: 1st Place Adele Ciotti, 2nd Place Guillermo Santiago, 3rd
Place Arianna Wallace
- 2019 SSAA Art Jam Exhibition: Adam Saud (1st Place)
- 2018 Red Ribbon Poster Contest Winner: Savanna Corniel, Amanda Hernandez-Maldonado
- Black Out Bullying Poster Contest Winner: Brooke Sarafian (3rd Place)
- Duke University Talent Identification Program Participants: Isabella Herrero Colon, Fabian Paz
Santilli, Asma Sanaullah
- SCPS Math Festival: Team Results: 6th Standard – Hunter Marks, Madelyn Payne, Joseph Yount,
Andrea Pendarvis (2nd Place); Algebra 1 Honors – Yara Kiswani, Charles Monaghan, Grant Gates,
Abiyah Jacob (3rd Place) Individual Results: 6th Standard – Hunter Marks (3rd Place), Andrea
Pendarvis (Top 10), 6th Advanced – Sean Robertson (3rd Place), 7th Standard – Grae Krietemeyer (2nd
Place), Ned Hartland (Top 10), 7th Advanced – Xavier Bridenthal (Top 10); Pre-Algebra – Alexander
Keith (Top 10); Geometry – Brad Akus (Top 10); Engineering Awards: 6th Gifted – Mya Curren,
Seamus McGovern, Caleb Reedy, Bryson Keith (3rd Place); Algebra 1 Standard – Trevor Wright,
Mike Costa, Nyliam Gazze, Ahmari McMillian (1st Place)
- SCPS District Science Fair Winners: Devin Thomas (Honorable Mention, Chemistry)
- SCPS History Fair: Historical Paper – Jacob Acevedo (1st Place), Group Documentary –
Mackenzie Bell, Avery Debruin, Riley McCaulley, Annabell Schafer (Technology Award)
- SCPS World Language Festival: 27 Superior Ratings, 4 Excellent Ratings, 4 Good Ratings, 14
- Take Stock in Children Recipients: Zoey French & Ahmari McMillian
- Track & Field: Girls District Overall Runner Up & Boys District Champions
- Varsity Girls Basketball: Final 4 Contenders
- Cross Country: JV Girls 4th Overall & JV Boys 6th Overall
- Congratulations Ms. Crystal Haynes GLMS & SCPS Employee of the Year!
- Congratulations Mrs. Stephanie Shlottfedlt GLMS Teacher of the Year!
- GLMS Dividend of the Year: Mrs. Sharron Lee
Greenwood Lakes Middle School is fortunate to have outstanding teachers and staff. I thank them for their dedication, efforts, and support in helping out students learn and achieve. A special thanks to our new PTSA Board, SAC, Partners in Education, and our dedicated group of Dividends. Please continue to be involved, because without your involvement, Greenwood Lakes Middle School would not be as successful as it is. We have had a great year because of our teachers, staff, parents, and students.
As we approach the end of the school year, please remember:
- Report Cards will be available in June in the Front Office. Report Cards can also be viewed on
Skyward Family Access.
- If your student took an End of Course Exam (EOC), the grade on the report card will not be finalized until the scores are received. Revised report cards will be available if requested.
- Rising 7th grade students MUST provide the school with updated immunization documentation. Additional information can be found on our GLMS website.
- You can update Emergency Contact information and monitor student grades anytime through Skyward Family Access. A change of address will require you to visit the school with updated documentation.
- SAVE THE DATE - Schedule Pick-Up will be Thursday, August 8th! Times will be posted on GLMS website.
In preparation for the 2019-2020 school year, students are to complete a summer reading assignment. Each Language Arts teacher will provide details, information will be posted on our GLMS Website, and in this newsletter. Students will maintain access to iReady Reading and Math this summer and we encourage this continual practice. Additional reading is also recommended and The Florida Sunshine State Books are an excellent way to build reading skills.
Thank you Eagle Families for concluding our 32nd year of educating our youth. I wish you a wonderful summer. If you have any concerns during the summer, we will be open Monday through Thursday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Together we will continue to help your child succeed.
As Always, Let's SOAR Eagles!